What is a pergola?
A pergola is an outdoor structure that consists of columns and rafters. The 3 most common styles are louvered, insulated and open trellis style. These structures are typically used to provide shade, protection and defining outdoor living spaces. Furniture and outdoor kitchens can be placed underneath pergolas, allowing you to enjoy your outdoor space even more.
Benefits of Building a Pergola in Ft Lauderdale
Ft. Lauderdale offers many benefits for those who choose to build a pergola in the area, including:
• Increased Resale Value: A well-constructed and attractive pergola can add appeal and value to your home when it comes time to sell.
• Versatility: Pergolas are incredibly versatile and can be used to define a patio, pool area, garden or other outdoor space.
• Shade: Pergolas provide much-needed shade on hot days, allowing you and your family to enjoy the outdoors even in warmer weather.
• Protection from rain: Pergolas can also provide protection from rainy South Florida days, allowing you to still use your outdoor space.
• Rich Aesthetics: Adding a pergola to your yard gives it a rich, luxurious look that will be the envy of your neighbors.
Requirements and Regulations for Building a Pergola in Ft Lauderdale
• Zoning Laws: Before building a pergola, you will need to make sure that your building plans are in compliance with the local zoning laws.
• Building Permits: You may also need to obtain a building permit from the city or county before beginning construction on your pergola.
• Homeowners Associations: If you live in a community with a homeowners association, you should also check to see if there are any regulations or restrictions regarding pergolas.
• Prepare the Site and Pour Concrete Footings: Once you have all the necessary permits, it\’s time to prepare your site and pour concrete footings.
Why are footers necessary in South Florida?
Footers or footing are necessary in South Florida because the soil can be soft and sandy, making it difficult to support a structure of any size. By pouring concrete footings, you are creating a solid foundation for your pergola that will hold up against even the harshest weather conditions. This will also help to ensure that your pergola lasts for many years. Additionally, footings also help to prevent your pergola from shifting or becoming damaged in a storm.
In the end it is best to speak with expert builders like Broward Aluminum Pergola.
Copyright 2021 https://browardaluminumpergola.com/